Copyrights @ Journal 2014 - Designed By Templateism - SEO Plugin by MyBloggerLab

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

, ,

Tuesday Tip: How to add a border to a photo

Share
Cleveland Talley (1885-1923)






For Today's Tuesday Tip, we will demonstrate how to add a white edge to this photo using Photoshop Elements.













1.  With the photo open in Elements, I will select the Rectangle Marquee Tool. When you hover over the tools in Elements, the name of the tool pops up.




2. Drag a rectangle over the edge of the photo. The rectangle you draw will appear as though ants are marching along the edge of the photograph.




3.  Select Edit then Stroke (Outline) Selection.  The Stroke Box will appear.

Stroke box


4.  Be sure you select the desired color for your border by clicking on the color box.  I will use white.  I will select 30px for my border width.  I will also leave the location set to inside.



4. Click Ok.  I put another layer under the photo with a drop shadow so the border shows up better.  We will  show you how to add a drop shadow in another lesson.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Now Study Your Last Name with Genealogies on FamilySearch.org

Search The Guild of One-Name Studies on FamilySearch.org I received the press release included below about collections of The Guild of...

GeneaBloggers