Copyrights @ Journal 2014 - Designed By Templateism - SEO Plugin by MyBloggerLab

Tuesday, October 7, 2014

, ,

Are You Looking For Grandma's Husband?

Share


"Are you looking for Grandma's Husband?" is an article I wrote as the National Genealogy Examiner where I showed how to find the husband of the widowed Grandma Emma Warner who has two daughters and her grandchildren living with her in Accomack County, Virginia in 1940.

I found her on the 1930 Census ten years earlier, but her husband was still not there.  I did find him with her on the 1920 Census, but by that time there were so many different children between those three censuses that it was hard to keep track of them.  I usually use a census tracker when there is such a big family group.

I created the chart below so that it would be easy to see which child I had found each year.  Now I can tell easily which children should show up on the 1910 Census.


Child
1940
1930
1920
Fannie
29


Ada
26

4
Sallie

30

Martha


16
John

28
13
Ethel


12
Frank

18
6
Helen

12
infant


1 comments:

  1. Your experiences sound really interesting and we look forward to hearing more from you. :)

    ReplyDelete

Featured Post

Now Study Your Last Name with Genealogies on FamilySearch.org

Search The Guild of One-Name Studies on FamilySearch.org I received the press release included below about collections of The Guild of...

GeneaBloggers