Copyrights @ Journal 2014 - Designed By Templateism - SEO Plugin by MyBloggerLab

Monday, November 19, 2012

, , , , , ,

Motivation Monday: Women are taking social networking to new heights

Share
We certainly love pinning our favorite recipes and home decorating photos, but do not be deceived, we are about much more than just pinning "eye-candy."  We are meeting new friends, learning from each other, and sharing the things we know.  For example, Cheryl Enlow, host of the blog "Nap Time is the New Happy Hour," shared her knowledge about how to save the pins on your Pinterest boards so you can always access them - just in case.  It motivated me to begin embedding pins in blog posts which I have been meaning to do.



I do not know how much pinning it took for her pin to show up in my newsfeed, but I am glad it caught the attention of my genfriend.  Thanks, Jenni!  After reading Cheryl's post, "How to Save a Copy of Your Pinterest Boards as a PDF,"  I was able to save the pins from my board,  "Free Genealogy Online"  in just seconds.

This gave me the idea of using Photoshop Elements to convert the 5-page PDF to 5 JPEGS so that I can show those of you who are trying to decide to take the leap over to Pinterest.  I had the option of making the JPEGS a higher resolution, but I opted for 72 dpi. I am not just into genealogy.  This week I created secret boards where I can share freebies with friends who consistently share the things I pin.

I just want to say, Thank you to Cheryl!"  It has been a while, but I do remember nap time, and how much I looked forward to what I could get accomplished in an hour.  It's the best executive training out there! What you do now will bring you the greatest joy for which there is no substitute. I hope that what you do now prepares you one day as much as it did me for success after homework, story time, and bandaging "boo boos!"

To all my friends, below is what my genealogy board looks like today on Pinterest.  Come follow me!





Enhanced by Zemanta

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Now Study Your Last Name with Genealogies on FamilySearch.org

Search The Guild of One-Name Studies on FamilySearch.org I received the press release included below about collections of The Guild of...

GeneaBloggers